Saturday, May 28, 2011

majesty.

There is one thing about this summer of which I'm certain. Of all my friends serving as summer missionaries, doing wonderful things for the kingdom of God, I am serving in the most beautiful place. No offense to the people I love all over the country and the world and the great places God has them in (for I know they are where He has sent them and He will bless their efforts there), but these mountains are beyond beautiful. I've always loved the mountains, and would rather be here than just about anywhere else, but I am so blessed to be able to spend my whole summer serving in them.

One of our GMRM shirts says "Do you know the Mountain Maker?" on the back with a reference to Romans 1:20 which says, "For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse." These glorious scenes that the people of this area are exposed to everyday are screaming the majesty of the God that formed them. I am simply blown away by their ability to take my breath away everytime. God's indescribable glory is proclaimed in this place, by something as simple as the trees, lakes, and mountains around us. What an incredible reminder everyday of my smallness and His greatness.

Even fog coming to meet the tip of a mountain, or the a peak reflected in a lake are God's creation singing His praise. Tonight as we were driving home, we saw the clouds turning orange and pink as the sun began to set with the mountains framing them. All I could say was wow. Not only does the beauty of the area take my breath away, but the glory of the One that made them makes me pause. I pray that as we minister in this amazing place all summer, others will see this creation and do the same, in awe of its Creator.


Take a look around tomorrow. On your way to church, work, the grocery store, or wherever, just look. Even in a city or suburb, God's creation is magnifying His name. Just glance at the sky and see the beauty all around you. If we don't sing His praises, even the rocks will cry out. And they are doing so now. Just look.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Heather! I love your way with words and I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do with your life the rest of the summer. And I know, with more posts like this, you will not be overshadowed by rocks crying out! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete